Victoria University (VU) offers Year 11 and 12 students a guaranteed place at VU or VU Polytechnic, prior to completed Year 12.
With VU Guaranteed, you will gain guaranteed access to a course that will help you get to your chosen career path.
Applications are now open and will close in line with VTAC, SEAS and scholarship applications.
For further information about VU Guaranteed and to apply please refer to the VU website.
La Trobe Aspire Program for Year 12
Aspire Applications now open
Applications open - 20 April 2021
Applications close - 17 September 2021
Conditional offers released - October 2021
We have detailed information below regarding Aspire - however if you would like assistance with your application please contact the Careers Team.
What is Aspire?
The Aspire Program admission criteria considers details of your community engagement or volunteerism.
You’re required to provide information about the length and frequency of your community service or volunteering experience, as well as a total 400-word description of your involvement and impact.
Your application should respond to the following admission criteria:
- Indicate the length of time involved in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- Indicate the frequency of involvement in community engagement and/or volunteering.
- A 200-word description of your involvement in community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe how you’ve been involved in community service/volunteerism.
- A 200-word description of the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism.
- Describe the impact of your community service and/or volunteerism in the community, including (but not limited to) individuals and groups.
- Describe how your community service and/or volunteerism has impacted your personal development including your own learning and skill development.
The written section of the application should be no more than 400 words.
This sample Aspire application [DOC 12.5KB] provides insight into what constitutes a good application.
Tax File Numbers
Most students need a tax file number (TFN). This is essential for their employment, deferring university fees or applying for Centrelink benefits.
View a short video about applying for your TFN.
Below, you will find links to our current and recent Newsletters. When you click on each link it will open for you to read (or save or print).